Wednesday 31 October 2007

Australia - part 2

My super cute card from Cassie & Hamish
possible new blog name once this trip is over perhaps?? Aussie Mo? I like it! and I LOVE vegemite!

Helen, Murray & I flew down to Bateman´s Bay to see their parents for a few days as well. It was a really nice trip, great to see them & fun to finally meet their dog Emma!

Murray & his Dad Peter cooking at the BBQ

A lovely family dinner
Peter, Lyn, Helen & I

Emma relaxing with Peter on his chair

Ahhhhh what a cutie - that does not look very comfortable though!
The marinade is what MADE the meal - so so yummy - hats off to Peter! I must get that recipe....
I think Emma wants a bite of the food too!

The boys cooking away - with Emma hoping for some scraps
YUMMY! Gotta love BBQ - onion, sausage, steak & tomato


Lyn´s YUMMY corn soufflé
A group pic from our last dinner at the in-law´s house.

from left - Peter, Helen, Me, Murray & Lyn

Me, Lyn, Peter, Murray at the local Botanical Gardens which were lovely!!



Me giving the tree Peter & Lyn bought for Helen, Murray & I a few more leafs. Hopefully the next time we check on it it will be a bit more leafy on it´s own:) I had a pic of the sign that says our names and what the tree is called, but can´t figure out how to edit out our surname cause it´s all in Spanish - oh well, will post it later.


Peter at the restaurant between 2 lovely flower paintings
Lyn & Helen

Me & Murray

The oh so lovely burger Murray had at lunch


It was just a tiny little cafe - but WOW the food was amazing!


My lunch - garden salad & yummy soup
And another FAB dessert - hats off to the French chef!



Our Last Day in town we met up with some friends at Shelly Beach - just a short walk down from Manly





I had some yummy ice cream too - my favourite - mint choc chip
Murray & Helen



lunch before we went down to the beach - yummy grilled fish & salad & corn!





Murray spinning his candy snake
Amelia & Steve in the surf










Cute Amelia on the beach Steve & Amelia checking out the cold water















Steve, Selina, Murray, Amelia & Me











Steve witnessing our wills (the things you have to do before a long trip - yuck!)
Murray, Me, Kelly & Andrew











Jana & Murray (check out the - I think they are called - Surf Skiis)











Chris, Libby, Murray & Me Lovely Shelly Beach
Relaxing on the beach with Manly in the background
Hard to see cause the photo is so dark.... but there is a dog on the roof! I saw him climb out of the window onto the roof for a bit of fresh air - too funny!

We didn´t have a ton of extra space in the bag.... so used Murray´s shoes as extra storage space
Murray put was trying to put some face cream into a smaller container - but there was a little accident - what a mess!

The backpack - Murray´s clothing bags are red - mine are the cute blue flowery ones.

I am SO SO glad it all fit!!




Today we are packing up, leaving in about 30 minutes to do our first all day bus ride (fun fun). BUT it´s well worth it - 7 hours of bus riding - then we get 2 full days at the beach - whooo hooo! Then we´re off on a 3 day trek to see Angel Falls - can´t wait!



Last dinner in Manly at Ribs & Rumps - lovely

3 comments:

teresa said...

Awww, you're making me so anxious to go back this winter!!
I Love the witnessing on the beach :) AND I love Bateman's Bay. Someday we'll meet up in the same country!

teresa said...

Awww, you're making me so excited to go back this winter!!
I love the witnessing on the beach and I Love Bateman's Bay!!
Have a wonderful time on your trip, i'm so excited for you!! :) tdk

Miss Eva!! said...

Como esta la playa?
Cuidate carinos....
Thinking of you both.
Eva & Abigail
xxxx

 
eXTReMe Tracker